From: Nathan Sokalski on
I think that you are talking about a Generic Handler. I cannot use a Generic
Handler or *.ashx file because I want everything to end up being part of my
*.dll once I compile my Class Library.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski(a)hotmail.com

From: Ralph on
> I think that you are talking about a Generic Handler. I cannot use a
> Generic Handler or *.ashx file because I want everything to end up being
> part of my *.dll once I compile my Class Library.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> njsokalski(a)hotmail.com
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Yes I referring to a Generic Handler.
You can still put your class that implements IHttpHandler in your dll.
I believe you would just need something similar to the following in an .ashx
file

<%@ WebHandler Language="C#" Class="YourHandler" %>

So yes you would need one item outside of the .dll
If the users of your handler have access to the bin files of their webs I
would assume they have access to the other folders also.

From: Nathan Sokalski on
I understand that, and I would assume they do also. However, the philosophy
I am going by here is convenience; I want to only need to give the user one
file. Also, because I don't know what folders the user will have in their
Web Application or which one they will put it in, I don't know where to tell
the control that uses the handler to look for the *.ashx file.

From: Cubaman on
On Mar 7, 11:11 am, Michel Posseth <N...(a)Vbdotnetcoder.com> wrote:
> [...]
> String) As Object
>              Get
>                  Dim oValue As Object = Nothing
>                  Try
>                      If RunsOnWeb() Then
>                          ' do we have the value in the web config
>                          Dim ret As String = Nothing
>                          Try
>                              ret =
> WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings(propertyName)
>                          Catch ex As Exception
>
>                          End Try
>                          If String.IsNullOrEmpty(ret) Then
>                              Try
>                                  oValue =
> WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings(propertyName).ConnectionString
>                              Catch ex As Exception
>
>                              End Try
>                          End If
>                      Else
>                          'If the .dll.config file has already been
> loaded, use it to obtain the value...
>                          If DllSettings IsNot Nothing Then
>                              oValue =
> DllSettings.Settings.Get(propertyName).Value.ValueXml.InnerXml
>                          ElseIf Not DllConfigDoesNotExist Then
>                              If Me.LoadDllConfigFile() Then
>                                  oValue =
> DllSettings.Settings.Get(propertyName).Value.ValueXml.InnerXml
>                              End If
>                          End If
>                      End If
>                  Catch ex As Exception
>                  End Try
>                  Try
>                      If oValue Is Nothing Then
>                          oValue = MyBase.Item(propertyName)
>                      End If
>                  Catch ex As Exception
>                  End Try
>                  Return oValue
>              End Get
>              Set(ByVal value As Object)
>                  MyBase.Item(propertyName) = value
>              End Set
>          End Property
>          Public Function RunsOnWeb() As Boolean
>              Dim strPN As String =
> System.Diagnostics.Process.GetCurrentProcess().ProcessName.ToLower
>              Return (strPN = "w3wp" OrElse strPN = "aspnet_wp")
>          End Function
>          Private Function LoadDllConfigFile() As Boolean
>              Dim bDllConfigLoaded As Boolean = False
>              Dim cfgDll As System.Configuration.Configuration
>              Dim cfmDllCfg As New ExeConfigurationFileMap()
>
>              Dim sAssemblyPath As String =
> Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location
>
>              Dim strNamespace As String = GetType(MySettings).FullName
>              strNamespace = strNamespace.Substring(0,
> strNamespace.IndexOf("."c))
>
>              cfmDllCfg.ExeConfigFilename = sAssemblyPath & ".config"
>              Try
>
>                  cfgDll =
> ConfigurationManager.OpenMappedExeConfiguration(cfmDllCfg,
> ConfigurationUserLevel.None)
>
>                  Dim csgApplicationSettings As ConfigurationSectionGroup
> = cfgDll.GetSectionGroup("applicationSettings")
>                  Me.DllSettings =
> DirectCast(csgApplicationSettings.Sections(strNamespace &
> ".My.MySettings"), ClientSettingsSection)

Hello:
Good code, just a point. To get if your dll is currently loaded in a
web app is better tu use:
HttpContext.Current != null
Best regards,
Oscar Acosta