From: Nathan Sokalski on
I have a Solution that contains a Web Application and a Class Library. The
Class Library contains an HTTP Handler, which implements IHttpHandler and
needs registered in the config file. I want the *.dll for the Class Library
to be available and work independently of the Web Application. The handler
works when I register the handler in the <httpHandlers> section of the
Web.config file in the Web Application, but how can I register it using the
Class Library? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski(a)hotmail.com

From: Mr. Arnold on
Nathan Sokalski wrote:
> I have a Solution that contains a Web Application and a Class Library.
> The Class Library contains an HTTP Handler, which implements
> IHttpHandler and needs registered in the config file. I want the *.dll
> for the Class Library to be available and work independently of the Web
> Application. The handler works when I register the handler in the
> <httpHandlers> section of the Web.config file in the Web Application,
> but how can I register it using the Class Library? Thanks.

A class library uses an app.config.
From: Nathan Sokalski on
I did notice the app.config file in the Class Library, but when I moved the
registration from the Web Application's Web.config to the Class Library's
app.config, it didn't seem to do anything. Is there anything that needs to
be different in any way when the registration is in app.config? Thanks.

From: Mr. Arnold on
Nathan Sokalski wrote:
> I did notice the app.config file in the Class Library, but when I moved
> the registration from the Web Application's Web.config to the Class
> Library's app.config, it didn't seem to do anything. Is there anything
> that needs to be different in any way when the registration is in
> app.config? Thanks.

The Web.config is the root of all configs and the app.config is going to
be ignored by the Web application.

You should make a Console project and add the classlib project to the
solution and try the app.config there.
From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
A DLL in Net is a Class Library not something that is independent working.

If you want the later you can use a service (or a webservice of WFC).

Success

Cor

"Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Solution that contains a Web Application and a Class Library. The
> Class Library contains an HTTP Handler, which implements IHttpHandler and
> needs registered in the config file. I want the *.dll for the Class
> Library to be available and work independently of the Web Application. The
> handler works when I register the handler in the <httpHandlers> section of
> the Web.config file in the Web Application, but how can I register it
> using the Class Library? Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> njsokalski(a)hotmail.com