From: Jason Barnett on
1/3 way down describes how to change the ASP.NET Temporary Files location,
but I don't see where it suggests how to change the %windir%\Temp. I
searched the machine.config file, but I couldn't find a related setting. Am
I missing something.

I'm having a similar problem. I need to change the directory because my
company's policy does not allow the security on System folders to be altered.
I'm getting an "Unable to generate a temporary class" error when I try to
run an ASP.NET application.

From: Jason Barnett on
Nevermind. I searched the machin.comments file and found the information I
needed. I added the following missing section to my web.config file.

<system.xml.serialization>
<xmlSerializer checkDeserializeAdvances = "false" tempFilesLocation =
"C:\Temp\" />
</system.xml.serialization>

From: Jason Barnett on
Apparently there's more to it than just changing machine.config. Some
application functionality still caused errors trying to access C:\WINNT\Temp.
I had to change the value of the TMP system environment variable to get it
working.