From: GlobalArchitect on
I am attempting to move a series of ASP.NET projects from my main Windows
64-Bit 7 computer to my Windows 32-Bit 7 laptop. After struggling through a
ton of issues, I am now down to a final issue that I cannot seem to overcome.

Whether I go directly to the a site via http://localhost or if I try to
launch a 4.0 site through Visual Studio 2010, I am getting a 500.19 Error
with an exception "The requested page cannot be accessed because the realted
configuration data for the page is invalid." This despite the fact that each
site has its own web.config file...

Any site running off of the default application pool, and the 3.5 framework,
works just fine - it is just the sites running off of the v4.0 Integrated
Mode Application Pool that are failing.

Some research appeared to indicate that the problem was due to ACL issues so
I gave every accout possible Full Access to wwwroot and down and I ensured
that the account under which the ASP v4.0 Application Pool was running had
Full Access. I then read something about changing the machine configuration
file but that did nothing either.

A given ASP.NET 4.0 application builds without any issues and all of the
references appear to be read just fine but I cannot actually launch the
website (debugging does not work in VS) nor can I browse to any ASP.NET 4.0
site without running into this issue.

All sites - 3.5 and 4.0 work without issue on my 64-bit computer and it is
just the 32-bit Windows 7 that is failing.

Can somebody PLEASE HELP!
From: Ken Schaefer on
Have you checked that you don't have anything in web.config that is no
longer valid for .NET v4.0 sites?
Also, have you similarly checked your applicationHost.config file?

Cheers
Ken

"GlobalArchitect" <GlobalArchitect(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A384CB68-A97F-40E5-B521-D36F9160CBB6(a)microsoft.com...