From: bhy on
Regular html works fine but ASP pages and Weblogic ISAPI both return "The
page cannot be displayed". httperr1.log reveals "HTTP/1.1 GET /test.asp - 1
Connection_Dropped DefaultAppPool". I have tried synching IWAM_machinename
user and even reinstalling IIS but still getting nowhere. Is there anything
I can do short of rebuilding the server?
From: Chris Crowe [MVP 2005/2006] on
IIS6 by default does not have support for ASP enabled.

Check the Web Service Extensions area in the Internet Information Services
tool and enable ASP.

Your ISAPI will also be the same problem - you can create a new Web Service
Extension group and including your ISAPI dll's and exe's in there.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/596ff388-bc4c-472f-b029-aea2b0418bea.mspx

--

Chris Crowe [MVP 2005/2006]
http://blog.crowe.co.nz

============================

From: bhy on
Both Web Service Extensions are enabled. I have 2 identical Windows 2003
servers set up the same way and one works while the other doesn't. All
configurations on both servers look the same but one of them doesn't work.

"Chris Crowe [MVP 2005/2006]" wrote:

> IIS6 by default does not have support for ASP enabled.
>
> Check the Web Service Extensions area in the Internet Information Services
> tool and enable ASP.
>
> Your ISAPI will also be the same problem - you can create a new Web Service
> Extension group and including your ISAPI dll's and exe's in there.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/596ff388-bc4c-472f-b029-aea2b0418bea.mspx
>
> --
>
> Chris Crowe [MVP 2005/2006]
> http://blog.crowe.co.nz
>
> ============================
> "bhy" <bhy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Regular html works fine but ASP pages and Weblogic ISAPI both return "The
> > page cannot be displayed". httperr1.log reveals "HTTP/1.1 GET /test.asp -
> > 1
> > Connection_Dropped DefaultAppPool". I have tried synching
> > IWAM_machinename
> > user and even reinstalling IIS but still getting nowhere. Is there
> > anything
> > I can do short of rebuilding the server?

Pages: 1
Prev: Cannot start IIS
Next: 500: Server Error [00-0013]