From: Di74 on
Just since this morning I have been getting the following error message when
I open IIS:

'Error connecting to (server name): The handle is invalid.
Do you wish to continue to attempt to connect to it in the future'

It is running on my local PC and I'm developing .NET web apps using
..NET1.1/VS.NET 2003. My PC is Windows 2000.

Could anyone offer some advice about how to fix this? Do I need to provide
anymore details?

Many thanks

Dianne
From: Jacqueline Jaynes [MSFT] on
Check your permissions on your machinekey folder, check out this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;278381

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Jackie Jaynes [MSFT]
Microsoft IIS
JackieJa(a)online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
is our online account name for newsgroup participation only.

reserved.