From: gary on
Thanks for reponse!

I am running IIS on XP Pro. I don't know how we can know if MSDTC service
runs on my mahine or not? In list of services, i don't see anything starts
with 'msdtc'. Maybe that's my real problem?

Could you please help me out on this ?

Gary

From: Bernard Cheah [MVP] on
Did you follow the suggestion in the comment section?
How to reinstall Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator on a computer
that is running Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=891801

many users have fixed the error using various steps in the blog post.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah

From: gary on
I am so happy i finally fixed problem. Bernard, thank you so much for your
helps and time! Your URL to solving the problem is very acurate. Thanks for
all other folks' helps, too!

The problem I had was MSDTC problem. It was even not installed properly. It
took me whole night to make some services manual, restart computers,
uninstall and install MSDTC, etc. I did twice of this because first time just
did not work (I believe I typed some wrong at some point).

Running msdtc.exe seems does not give any errors if it fails. My experience
is that openning event view window when doing msdtc.exe command. Each time
check the event to see if it fails or not.

After I reinstalled MSDTC, components service showed everything working. And
then I recreate IIS package followed instruction in Bernard blog.

Cheers!

Gary

From: gary on

"Bernard Cheah [MVP]" wrote:

> Did you follow the suggestion in the comment section?
> How to reinstall Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator on a computer
> that is running Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=891801
>
> many users have fixed the error using various steps in the blog post.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bernard Cheah
> http://www.iis.net/
> http://www.iis-resources.com/
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bernard/
>

> "gary" <gary(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for reponse!
> >
> > I am running IIS on XP Pro. I don't know how we can know if MSDTC service
> > runs on my mahine or not? In list of services, i don't see anything starts
> > with 'msdtc'. Maybe that's my real problem?
> >
> > Could you please help me out on this ?
> >
> > Gary
> >

> > "Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" wrote:
> >

> >> "gary" <gary(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> You can reinstall MSDTC.
> >> But the main cause of MSDTC is that it runs under unsufficient
> >> permissions.
> >> It runs under NT AUTHORITY\Network Service
> >>
> >> Just modify it to SYSTEM and restart.
> >>
> >> (ps: MS has no solution for this problem as far as I saw in the past).

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: IIS 5 Hang
Next: HTTP/1.1 New Session Failed