From: gary on
i have XP Pro installed and then installed IIS 5.1. When I tried regular html
page, it works fine. But when i tried to get ASP page, for example
iisstart.asp, i got "HTTP 500 - Internal server error".

I vaguely remember there's a setting in IIS to enable ASP but just can not
figure it out where.

Please help

gary

BTW: I also have Window 2000 server that runs IIS. I did not do any extra
setting and ASP just works fine.

From: gary on
i found error message in 'system event' saying "The server failed to load
application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The error was 'Class not registered'."

Any idea what i am missing?

Thanks!

From: gary on

From: Bernard Cheah [MVP] on
Try
The famous 'Class not registered'
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bernard/archive/2005/03/22/39216.aspx

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah

From: gary on
Bernard, Thank you very much more your information. That's the exact what i
need to fix the problem. I am going to try it soon.

Just wondering if i install IIS 6.x on XP Pro (can IIS 6.x be installed on
XP Pro?) , does it solve the problem?

And seems this is a well-known problem, why does Microsoft not provide fix
for this?

I actually updated my Windows components (through Microsoft web site).

"Bernard Cheah [MVP]" wrote:

> Try
> The famous 'Class not registered'
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bernard/archive/2005/03/22/39216.aspx
>

> --
> Regards,
> Bernard Cheah
> http://www.iis.net/
> http://www.iis-resources.com/
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bernard/
>

> "gary" <gary(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i found error message in 'system event' saying "The server failed to load
> > application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The error was 'Class not registered'."
> >
> > Any idea what i am missing?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > "gary" wrote:
> >
> >> i have XP Pro installed and then installed IIS 5.1. When I tried regular
> >> html
> >> page, it works fine. But when i tried to get ASP page, for example
> >> iisstart.asp, i got "HTTP 500 - Internal server error".
> >>
> >> I vaguely remember there's a setting in IIS to enable ASP but just can
> >> not
> >> figure it out where.
> >>
> >> Please help
> >>
> >> gary
> >>
> >> BTW: I also have Window 2000 server that runs IIS. I did not do any extra
> >> setting and ASP just works fine.
> >>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: IIS 5 Hang