From: Flasherly on
On Jun 18, 8:26 pm, Sam <nos...(a)nosmap.com> wrote:
> I have the EPU-6 in my start-up folderr. I use the auto setting for my
> P6X58D-E mobo. Would/could there be any issues if I keep it in Auto
> mode even though it often switches between High Performance and Turbo
> mode?

Sounds nice.

I've an older Asus and have to use software to get that feature --
RightMark. Bumps up the CPU stepping speeds for program utilization,
then drops down during idle. Been overall very happy with the quality
of Asus boards I've run into, although I try and favor that with a
good case and CPU heatsink for cooling and a better PS.

Any computer deserves that much -- scarfed up a Rosewill case on a $30
Newegg sale, over a "micro" factor I intended for one across the
room. Bunch of happy horseshit when I found it averaging 130F inside
there, across components the other day. So much for my short-lived
micro days and back to cases made out of good 'ol porch door screening.