From: annily on

I have a new PC with an ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard.

When I run PC Probe II which came with it, it has a threshold for the
motherboard set at 45 degrees. With the room temperature around 30
degrees, it currently shows the motherboard temp at 46 degrees.

Is this something I should be worried about? The CPU temperature is well
below the threshold.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: . on

"annily" <annily(a)ihopethisdoesntexist.com> wrote in message

> I have a new PC with an ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard.
>
> When I run PC Probe II which came with it, it has a threshold for the
> motherboard set at 45 degrees. With the room temperature around 30
> degrees, it currently shows the motherboard temp at 46 degrees.
>
> Is this something I should be worried about? The CPU temperature is well
> below the threshold.
>
> --
> Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
> which may or may not influence my opinions.

More fans boy..below 40 is comertable.

From: annily on
.. wrote:

> "annily" <annily(a)ihopethisdoesntexist.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I have a new PC with an ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard.
>>
>> When I run PC Probe II which came with it, it has a threshold for the
>> motherboard set at 45 degrees. With the room temperature around 30
>> degrees, it currently shows the motherboard temp at 46 degrees.
>>
>> Is this something I should be worried about? The CPU temperature is
>> well below the threshold.
>>
>> --
>> Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
>> which may or may not influence my opinions.
>
> More fans boy..below 40 is comertable.

According to PC Probe II (I haven't looked inside the case) the only fan
seems to be the CPU, because when I try to enable the "chassis" and
"power" fan options, it generates a warning and says those fan speeds
are zero.

I don't know who actually built the system, but I bought it through
Deals Direct. I assume they would have put more fans in if they thought
it needed them.

From: Fred on

"annily" <annily(a)ihopethisdoesntexist.com> wrote in message

> I have a new PC with an ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard.
>
> When I run PC Probe II which came with it, it has a threshold for the
> motherboard set at 45 degrees. With the room temperature around 30
> degrees, it currently shows the motherboard temp at 46 degrees.
>
> Is this something I should be worried about? The CPU temperature is well
> below the threshold.

The motherboard temperature sensor on that board has been placed next to the
memory VRM (voltage regulator module) if it looks like this.
http://eservice.asus.com.tw/eService/eService/sShowImage?id=EB5D469C-777C-9172-539C-8D8E15FB9F90.JPG
Asus recommend a temperature range for that sensor of between 0�C and 65�C
so it looks like you are well within range.
You could check cable routing around the memory module area or direct air
through the area if it becomes a concern.
You could also change the alarm threshold.

From: annily on
Fred wrote:
> "annily" <annily(a)ihopethisdoesntexist.com> wrote in message
>> I have a new PC with an ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard.
>>
>> When I run PC Probe II which came with it, it has a threshold for the
>> motherboard set at 45 degrees. With the room temperature around 30
>> degrees, it currently shows the motherboard temp at 46 degrees.
>>
>> Is this something I should be worried about? The CPU temperature is well
>> below the threshold.
>
> The motherboard temperature sensor on that board has been placed next to the
> memory VRM (voltage regulator module) if it looks like this.
> http://eservice.asus.com.tw/eService/eService/sShowImage?id=EB5D469C-777C-9172-539C-8D8E15FB9F90.JPG
> Asus recommend a temperature range for that sensor of between 0�C and 65�C
> so it looks like you are well within range.
> You could check cable routing around the memory module area or direct air
> through the area if it becomes a concern.
> You could also change the alarm threshold.

OK, thanks for that. I'll take the cover off and have a look inside. I'm
not comfortable fiddling with the innards of PCs, but I can at least see
what it looks like, in terms of dust, etc (although I think it's a bit
too new for dust to be a problem yet).

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.

Pages: 1
Prev: The Glasgow Vasectomy
Next: W7 Control Panel