From: nass on

"Ben" wrote:

> Thanks Gents,
>
> I went to Dell and downloaded and installed the new driver but still have
> the same problem.
>

> Any further suggestions or is this the end for this laptop (approx 5 years
> old - still does everything else except run the trading software I now need
> to run).
>
> Regards,
>
> Massive

What error message you get when you run this software/CDs?

What Media player you have now installed on this machine?.

Open a Notepad, customize or minimize to the taskbar as you will need it
later for this step to copy the error message on it.
Open a run command and type in:
eventvwr.msc click [OK] you will get the Event viewer control Panel.
click on each of these:
Application
System
Security
Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red (X) or Yellow
exclamation mark /!\ , double click each one to get more info about the
causer.
On the Event error properties message you will see:
Up Arrow
Down arrow
Two pages
Click on the two pages to copy the error message then bring up the Notepad
you opened earlier and right click on the first line and select Paste from
the list, this will paste the error message on a Notepad.
Please don't duplicate the error message one of each kind will be sufficient.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427/en-us

Please we need just the error messages with Red (X) and don't repeat the
error, just one of each kind and post them back in your next post.

Run disk clean up and Defrag in safe mode.
HTH.
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

From: Ben on
Hi Nass,

Thanks for the help mate.

Did the defrag and slean up.

Here's the error message:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 01/10/2007
Time: 22:03:10
User: N/A
Computer: LAPTOP
Faulting application pprekop.exe, version 4.2.0.172, faulting module
ole32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2182, fault address 0x10017bed.

Data:
0000: 5a 00 2f 00 35 00 4f 00 Z./.5.O.
0008: 39 00 4e 00 31 00 6f 00 9.N.1.o.
0010: 42 00 33 00 54 00 4a 00 B.3.T.J.
0018: 71 q

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Massive

From: HeyBub on
Ben wrote:
> Hi Nass,
>
> Thanks for the help mate.
>
> Did the defrag and slean up.
>
> Here's the error message:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Application Error
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1000
> Date: 01/10/2007
> Time: 22:03:10
> User: N/A
> Computer: LAPTOP
> Faulting application pprekop.exe, version 4.2.0.172, faulting module
> ole32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2182, fault address 0x10017bed.

> Data:
> 0000: 5a 00 2f 00 35 00 4f 00 Z./.5.O.
> 0008: 39 00 4e 00 31 00 6f 00 9.N.1.o.
> 0010: 42 00 33 00 54 00 4a 00 B.3.T.J.
> 0018: 71 q
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
>
> Massive

The culprit is probably Party Poker. All kinds of nastiness has been
reported, including root-kitting. The PP people sort of acknowledge this in
a response to a problem report:
http://forums.comodo.com/help/pprekopexe_killing_comodo_bsods-t12232.0.html

Reports abound of mysterious port activity, explorer going to 100%,
WORM_STRAT infection, dogs living with cats, etc., all caused by Party
Poker.

From: nass on

Hi Ben,
Do you have this game: Party Poker, if you do, it may be an old one that had
it and you can unisntall, run disk clean up and delete all the empty
folders/orphans left behind.
Also scan for malware and viruses thoroughly on your machine.
Hope this help.
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

From: Plato on
=?Utf-8?B?QmVu?= wrote:

> For some reason my computer is on occasion freezing up and suggesting that
> the ATI 2dvag driver has failed.
>
> Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Install the latest driver for your card from the video card makers
website.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/