From: Ben on
Hi there,

For some reason my computer is on occasion freezing up and suggesting that
the ATI 2dvag driver has failed.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

regards,

Ben
From: nass on

"Ben" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> For some reason my computer is on occasion freezing up and suggesting that
> the ATI 2dvag driver has failed.
>
> Any ideas as to how to fix this?
>
> Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
>
> regards,
>
> Ben

You have abad Video card driver?. You need to uninstall the driver and
reinstall, but first go to the manufacturer of your machine website and
download the driver for yuor Video card specs!.

ATi2dvad.dll is: ATI Radeon WindowsNT Display Driver from ATI

ATI (Radeon drivers) driver downloads:
http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastFaqLiteDocument?lc=en&product=18703&docname=c00376389
HTH.
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk
From: Ben on
Thanks Nass,

Yes, it's the video card driver.

I will try that when I get home - it's for my personal laptop.

Regards,

Ben

From: DL on
In that case you need to source the driver from your Laptop manu site

From: Ben on
Thanks Gents,

I went to Dell and downloaded and installed the new driver but still have
the same problem.

Any further suggestions or is this the end for this laptop (approx 5 years
old - still does everything else except run the trading software I now need
to run).

Regards,

Massive