From: Damaeus on
In news:alt.comp.anti-virus, Slarty <plink.1RoyTubb(a)spamgourmet.com>
posted on Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:18:36 +0000 the following:

> On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:45:55 -0600, Damaeus wrote:
>
> >> Try searching this and related newsgroups for many many suggestions and
> >> comments, and then make up you own mind.
> >
> > Someone should break your newsreader.
> >
> > Damaeus
>
> It's always such a pleasure to read such a cultured and well reasoned
> response, so rare here.

Like I hadn't thought of doing that before he suggested it. People assume
if one asks a question, they must not have tried to search the web or the
newsgroups for an answer. And sometimes getting 500,000 results in the
search query reveals 95% commercial pages, 5% decent information.
Sometimes it just doesn't float to the surface all that easily. Sometimes
the links are dead. Sometimes the you go to the page in the search
results, and the information you were searching for isn't even there.

Damaeus
From: FromTheRafters on
"ASCII" <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in message

> And when you post that question on a usenet forum,
> sometimes you get a less than satisfactory response.

There was a question in there somewhere?

From: trentd on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:28:55 -0400, "FromTheRafters"
<erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>"ASCII" <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
>
>> And when you post that question on a usenet forum,
>> sometimes you get a less than satisfactory response.
>
>There was a question in there somewhere?

They only way to handle these spoiled brats on Usenet - such as those
who sit around waiting for someone to jump all over, is to SILENTLY
kill file them, thus, totally ignoring them. Since you cannot reach
out for their throats via Usenet, this is the only way to handle them.
From: gufus on
From: gufus
Subj: Re: AVG Free 9.0 - Shutting it Down CompletelyThu, 18 Mar 2010
17:29:19 -0600

From: Damaeus
Subj: Re: AVG Free 9.0 - Shutting it Down CompletelyThu, 18 Mar 2010
11:02:27 -0500

Hello, Damaeus!

You wrote on Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:02:27 -0500:

??>> On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:45:55 -0600, Damaeus wrote:
??>>
??>>>> Try searching this and related newsgroups for many many suggestions
??>>>> and comments, and then make up you own mind.
??>>>
??>>> Someone should break your newsreader.
??>>>
??>>> Damaeus
??>>
??>> It's always such a pleasure to read such a cultured and well reasoned
??>> response, so rare here.

D> Like I hadn't thought of doing that before he suggested it.

Ouch!

With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: FromTheRafters on
<trentd(a)msxiptl.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:28:55 -0400, "FromTheRafters"
> <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>>"ASCII" <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> And when you post that question on a usenet forum,
>>> sometimes you get a less than satisfactory response.
>>
>>There was a question in there somewhere?
>>
> They only way to handle these spoiled brats on Usenet - such as those
> who sit around waiting for someone to jump all over, is to SILENTLY
> kill file them, thus, totally ignoring them. Since you cannot reach
> out for their throats via Usenet, this is the only way to handle them.

....and the virus related question was?