From: Peter Seiler on
Richard in AZ - 02.04.2006 21:50 :

snipped

> :
> : Thanks,
> :
> : DMD
> :

Richard, most do use ">" quoting markers. Some do use "|" quoting
markers. You use exotic ":" quoting markers. Imagine how irritating are
postings with a mixture of all!

> : | >> :: and so on

It would be a good idea if you would use normal quoting markers as most
people do for a better overview and reading especially over longer
threads. Thank you in advance for your kind understanding.

A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

--
by(e) PS

spam will be killed

From: Richard in AZ on

"Peter Seiler" <psprivate(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message news:44306855.9050709(a)mailinator.com...
> Richard in AZ - 02.04.2006 21:50 :
>
> snipped
>
>> :
>> : Thanks,
>> :
>> : DMD
>> :
>>

> Richard, most do use ">" quoting markers. Some do use "|" quoting
> markers. You use exotic ":" quoting markers. Imagine how irritating are
> postings with a mixture of all!
>
>> : | >> :: and so on
>
> It would be a good idea if you would use normal quoting markers as most
> people do for a better overview and reading especially over longer
> threads. Thank you in advance for your kind understanding.
>
> A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message
> Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?
>
> --
> by(e) PS
>
> spam will be killed

Peter. My computer came with the : reply option and I just never changed it. But I would not say
the > was the "normal".
But if it make you happy, I have changed to the > option.

Bottom posting may seem logical to some, but to others, I want the answer right up front. Bottom
posting is a pain in the a--.

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
Richard in AZ wrote:

> Bottom posting may seem logical to some, but to others, I want the
> answer right up front. Bottom posting is a pain in the a--.

Usenet is not one-on-one email.

open the front cover and begin reading there?
the back cover and end up at the front or do you
chapter one or do you start somewhere near
When reading a book, do you start at

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer
From: Peter Seiler on
Richard in AZ - 03.04.2006 20:44 :

>> A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message Q: Why is
>> top posting frowned upon?
>>
>> -- by(e) PS
>>
>> spam will be killed

how/why did you quote my sig? Because my sig-delimiter is right "-- ".

> Peter. My computer came with the : reply option and I just never
> changed it. But I would not say the > was the "normal".

where and how often do you see ":" quoting markers in relation to ">"?

> But if it make you happy, I have changed to the > option.

THX for that. But you do that not only for me but for the greater part
of the comunity.

> Bottom posting may seem logical to some, but to others, I want the
> answer right up front. Bottom posting is a pain in the a--.

well, I have a contrary meaning.

--
by(e) PS
spam will be killed