From: Clocky on
jones wrote:
> Would like to burn my AVI files to DVD.
>
> What is the best format so that I can view the films on my computer
> and also on the TV screen please?
>
> Thank you for any help
> Katherine

The free Super program from eRightSoft will convert between just about every
format imaginable. Once you convert the AVI to DVD format you can watch it
on both your PC and on TV.

Some DVD players also support DiVX and AVI formats so you need to check what
your equipment is compatible with.

From: terryc on
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 16:06:02 +1000, ^Tems^ wrote:

> Why would she need a DVD slot when she clearly wrote she wants to watch
> *films*

I take it you missed the woosh sound?
And have nothing to contribute.
From: jones on
Thank you all for your help. I knew I could count on the newsgroups for
answers (after Google of course - don't want to waste ALL of your time).

The burner is brand new - external from oo.com

We bought a vhs/dvd combo (not expensive) about 4 months ago. Mainly to
transfer some recorded things onto a DVD. Haven't tried that yet.

Will try out the advise from here, and see what happens.

Thanks again
Katherine

From: Starbuck on
use covertxtodvd you can make dvds out of the avi files
or you can buy dvd players with a usb slot and just buy say an 8 gig usb
flash drive and transfer the avi files on to that then plug it into the dvd
player

From: jones on
Thank you Starbuck,
That is another option.