From: mjt on
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 01:16:36 +0200
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:

> Darn. Google images search is one ugly MF.

What was the matter with it? Strange layout?

Chromium is my primary browser ... GIS looks
the same with Chromium and FF.

--
Blessed are they who Go Around in Circles,
for they Shall be Known as Wheels.

From: mjt on
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 03:03:07 +0200
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:

> houghi wrote:
> > Yes. All pictures and no pre-view of the website.
>
> http://houghi.org/movie/index.php?movie=sc_3703F21

Thanks for the movie - it helped "explain" things.

I'm going to list some differences between your video
and what happens here.

1) From 8" to 20", you move the mouse to each of the
first row of images. As you move the mouse to each
image, it "expands" ... that doesn't happen for me.

2) I noticed that you opened each of the 4 images into
their own tab page. You mentioned "double-clicking",
is this how you opened the image into a new tab?

I have to middle-click the mouse to do this, but what I
get in the new tab is the website and two different
frames. I get the "Google frame" (at top) with a
"Remove Frame [x]" hyperlink, and then the actual website
in the frame in the lower section of the tabbed window.

3) As you move from one tab to the next and show each
tab window ... there is the large image covering the
website ... I don't get that in my Firefox.

So, "my" Firefox with Google Image Search works like
your "old way" ... I don't get the "new" GIS behavior.

--
The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich,
as well as the poor, to sleep under the bridges, to beg

From: mjt on
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:42:10 +0200
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:
> > mjt wrote:
> > I'm sure you're correct about the "new image search" not
> > available to all regions - unless someone responds they
> > are also in the US (Texas) and tells us they see the
> > new Google Image search feature.
>
> I have read somewhere thstit is now available for 10% of the people

Well, the new Google Image search functionality
showed up in my region. I was lounging around with
my MacBook Pro and noticed the new GIS working,
so of course, I had to verify it on the desktop.

--
"Nuclear war would really set back cable." - Ted Turner
<<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>

From: mjt on
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 02:16:00 +0200
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:

> mjt wrote:
> > Well, the new Google Image search functionality
> > showed up in my region. I was lounging around with
> > my MacBook Pro and noticed the new GIS working,
> > so of course, I had to verify it on the desktop.
>
> Did you like it?

The one thing I do like is how "all search result" pages
are on a single page, instead of having to click "next"
to see more images.

I don't like it when an image is opened (new tab or not),
the image is displayed over the top of the webpage. I was
never a fan of the old way, with the two frames. Why can't
they just show the page without the popped up image?

--
Character Density, n.:
The number of very weird people in the office.