From: Jeanette Cunningham on
Be aware that using exit event of controls for validation often causes more
problems than it solves.

From: Jeanette Cunningham on
If you use a separate field for HH, then you can check if it is Null in the
before update event.
To me, it would make more sense to put HH as a field in the household table.
This way every household gets to have a single HH.
It would free you from the impossible situation you now have on the subform.

From: Lau via AccessMonster.com on
From the user's perspective, I want to keep Head of HH in the family table so
I can define everyone's relationship to that individual. For now, I just put
the code in OnCurrent event. Everytime there is no Head of HH, a warning
would come up to remind the user.

Thank you all for your inputs.

From: Jeanette Cunningham on
Glad you found a solution.

From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
I suggested adding Debug.Print to test the value of the strWhere. For future
reference, this is a useful tool to evaluate why the Where condition is not
producing the expected results.