From: Theo Markettos on
alexd <troffasky(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 14:08:55 +0000, Theo Markettos wrote:
>
> > I use Epiphany as it's lighter than Firefox (the whole UI isn't written
> > in Javascript for Pete's sake).
>
> As Firefox's job is to take Javascript [and XML] as input and render it
> as output, what's your objection here?

In Epiphany the UI is written in C. That means it's actually vaguely
efficient to execute. In Firefox the UI is written in Javascript, which
means that it has to interpret it to run the UI. That means the UI takes
more CPU cycles, which on a low powered machine are in short supply.

And I'd much rather have sites that are static HTML rather than having
surplus JS... NetSurf is noticeably faster for not having to care about all
the JS.

Theo