From: Peter on
Hullo,

I created a report in Access 2003 based on a query which is based on one
table. It works perfectly in Access 2003 however it will not open in Access
2007. The query it is based on runs ok in Access 2007 though.

When I try to open the report I get an error message: " Is not a valid name.
Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that
it is not too long.

I cannot find a name of a field in the table that defies these rules. The
names of the report and the query do not defy these rules either.

If you could help me I would be greatful.

--
Aussie
From: KARL DEWEY on
Post the SQL of your query.
--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Peter on
Dear Karl,

Here is the SQL of the Query.

Thanks

SELECT [Vegetation Tracking].[Record No], [Vegetation Tracking].[Job Code],
[Vegetation Tracking].Tenure, [Vegetation Tracking].[RE Maps], [Vegetation
Tracking].[RE Data], [Vegetation Tracking].[CSEP Data], [Vegetation
Tracking].[CSEP Data received], [Vegetation Tracking].[KML created],
[Vegetation Tracking].[Forms sent], [Vegetation Tracking].Phoned, [Vegetation
Tracking].[Disclaimer received], [Vegetation Tracking].[Client response],
[Vegetation Tracking].[PMAV lodged], [Vegetation Tracking].[PMAV expected],
[Vegetation Tracking].[Confirmation of Receipt], [Vegetation Tracking].[Draft
offer], [Vegetation Tracking].[Draft offer accepted], [Vegetation
Tracking].[PMAV Certificate], [Vegetation Tracking].[Shape files],
[Vegetation Tracking].Notes, [Vegetation Tracking].[Job finished]
FROM [Vegetation Tracking]
WHERE ((([Vegetation Tracking].[Job finished])=No))
ORDER BY [Vegetation Tracking].[Job Code];

--
Aussie

From: Duane Hookom on
If [Job Finished] is a yes/no field, try replacing No in the criteria with 0.
A yes/no field actually stores 0 for No/False and -1 for Yes/True.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Peter on
Dear Duane,

Sorry for being so long in repluying. I tried that but it made no difference.

Thanks
--
Aussie