From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 22 May 2010 06:05:01 -0700, S.E. <SE(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Can you walk me through posting the SQL you referred to above?

Open the query in design view. Select View... SQL from the menu, or use the
dropdown box at the left of the toolbar - it has three choices, Design,
Datasheet and SQL. Copy and paste the SQL text to a message here.

I won't be around for a few days but there will be someone who can help.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: S.E. on

"S.E." wrote:

> "Marshall Barton" wrote:
>
> > S.E. wrote:
> >
> > >I get a "type mismatch in expression" when saving a query. Why do I get this
> > >and how do I correct this? My suspicion is my customerID and barcode fields
> > >are not both autonumbers or the same type to relate but under the
> > >relationships they join up.
> >
> > What are the types of the fields in the table and what does
> > the query's SQL view look like?
> >
> > If one is Text and the other is a number type, then use a
> > convesion function (CStr, CLng or ??).
> >
> > --
> > Marsh
> > MVP [MS Access]
> > .
> > Thanks for a response. One is a autonumber that is a long integer. The other is a text which I input using a barcode scanner. The barcode happens to be setup to input the customer's ID which corresponds to the customer ID in the other table. I'm not sure what you mean by SQL view b/c I have limited knowledge on this aspect. BTW, the tables are not joined in any way through the relationship if that matters.
>
> How do you setup a conversion function?

Still looking for help and answers to above.