From: David W. Fenton on
=?Utf-8?B?U2VyZ2lvIFRvcnJlcw==?=
<SergioTorres(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I mentioned registering dao360.dll and msado15.dll because there
> are several articles stating that doing so solved the problem with
> the report and query wizards, as well as with the linked table
> manager.

Sounds like very old instructions. DAO 3.6 would apply to A2000
through 2003, but not A2007, and ADO 1.5 has never applied to any
version of Access -- when ADO was first introducted to Access in
A2000, it was up to version 2.1, if I'm remembering correctly.

> In my case, it did not help.

I'm quite puzzled by the recommendation to re-register ADO 1.5, as
it shouldn't have any relationship to any of the Access wizards
unless it was being used as a reference.

> I am still experiencing the anoying "error in loading DLL" message
> and my linked tables manager dos not work.

Is the error specific to a particular database or do you get it if
you create a new blank database, link tables, and then try to use
the linked tables manager?

If it's not specific to a particular database, or you've cleaned out
all the references in your database and it still happens, I think
I'd try repairing the Office installation, and if that doesn't work,
uninstall/reinstall Office.

Also, if you have more than one version of Office/Access installed,
you might try running the non-2007 version, to let it configure
itself, then re-running A2007 to configure itself.

Let us know your results.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Sergio Torres on
David,

The problem with the wizards and the linked table manager is database
independent. It happens always, even with newly created databases.

I already tried Repairing MS Office installation and I already tried
unistalling-reinstalling MS Office 2007.

My guess is that it is an Access bug that has to do with the 64 bits OS.

--
Sergio Torres C.
(505) 897 2041

From: David W. Fenton on
=?Utf-8?B?U2VyZ2lvIFRvcnJlcw==?=

> The problem with the wizards and the linked table manager is
> database independent. It happens always, even with newly created
> databases.
>
> I already tried Repairing MS Office installation and I already
> tried unistalling-reinstalling MS Office 2007.
>
> My guess is that it is an Access bug that has to do with the 64
> bits OS.

That shouldn't cause a problem.

Have you eliminated UAC as a source of the problem? That is, you
might need to set your Access shortcut to run as administrator.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Sergio Torres on
David,

I followed your advise and checked the UAC option:

I:
Opened access as administrator.
Created a new database (2007 format).
Linked some tables to it.
Tried to use the Linked Tables manager (LTB). It didn't work.
Tried to use the Report and Query wiards. The "error in loading dll" message
appeared.

Changed UAC settings to disable it.
Restarted my PC.
Tried the previous process.
I got te same result.

Checked the Trust Center Settings.
Trusted Locations include the access default location for wizards databases.
Add-ins are enabled.
Macros are all enabled.

Added the following to the trusted locations:
The folder were the new databases are created (My Documents).
The folder where the back end databases exist.
The folder where the ado360.dll exists.
The folders where the msado15.dll exists.

Tried again, the problem persists.

Ran the MS Office Diagnostics (again) and got:
Check for known solutions — No issues found
Memory Diagnostic — No problems found
Update Diagnostic — No problems found
Compatibility Diagnostic — No problems found
Disk Diagnostic — No problems found
Setup Diagnostic — No problems found

What else can we try?

--
Sergio Torres C.
(505) 897 2041

From: David W. Fenton on
=?Utf-8?B?U2VyZ2lvIFRvcnJlcw==?=

> What else can we try?

I don't know! The DLL error makes it seem like there's something
wrong with your Access installation.

One thing to try is to get the SysInternals Process Monitor and
filtering its results for every RESULT that's not SUCCESS. That
might turn up a missing component.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

You would then want to check the same thing (for the DLL that turns
up not being found) on a machine where the linked-table manager
works.

I'm basicaly out of ideas at this point, though. All I can think of
is that your machine's NTFS permissions are set to something other
than the default permissions.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/