From: Jack Cannon on
I recently upgraded to Access 2007. I tried using HELP to search on a
specific statement and was unable to locate anything useful. Almost
everything I tried stated "No Information Available". What I really need is
the VBA Language Reference for 2007. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Jack Cannon
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
I've had the same difficulty. I use 2 sources, first Access 97 help, which
has an excellent, albeit for Access 2007 incomplete help file. And the
second source is Access 2007 VBA Programmer's Reference by Access MVPs
Teresa Hennig, Armen Stein, et. al.:

http://www.amazon.com/Access-2007-Programmers-Reference-Programmer/dp/0470047038/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272171007&sr=8-1

--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Jeanette Cunningham on
I rarely get the 'no information available', although I do seem to remember
some frustration with that a while ago.
There was a thread a few weeks ago where Ben Clothier pointed out that if
you set the help to search only on your computer instead of office online,
the results were much better.
To turn off online search, there is a small icon at bottom right corner of
the help screen. Right click it and choose the appropriate option.

Jeanette Cunningham

From: Paul Shapiro on
Access 2007 help works for me too. If I open the VBA editor and click the
Help command on the toolbar, I get the standard VBA reference material. I do
have online help disabled as Jeanette suggested. You can also get to that
setting from the Access Options, Trust Center, Privacy Options. I cleared
the box next to "Search Microsoft Office Online for Help content".

Office service packs fixed some issues with Access. I don't remember if Help
was one of them, but if you haven't installed the latest updates that might
be worth trying too.

From: David W. Fenton on
=?Utf-8?B?SmFjayBDYW5ub24=?= <JackCannon(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:A94CFCE7-A01D-4D7E-ADEA-52577B794D39(a)microsoft.com:

> I recently upgraded to Access 2007. I tried using HELP to search
> on a specific statement and was unable to locate anything useful.
> Almost everything I tried stated "No Information Available". What
> I really need is the VBA Language Reference for 2007. Can anyone
> offer any suggestions?

Are you searching from the Access window or from the VBE? For VBA,
you need to use help in the VBE. I find this annoying, but it is at
least explicable and predictable.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/