From: Lars Brownies on
In A2003 I've created lots of custom menus linked to VBA functions. When
converting such apps to A2007/A2010 how easy/hard will it be to convert
those menus to the ribbon functionality without using third party add-ons?

Thanks,

Lars

From: Paul Shapiro on
Getting started takes a little searching on the web for good explanations
and examples. Once you get started, the rest is pretty simple.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 07:39:06 +0200, "Lars Brownies" <Lars(a)Browniew.com> wrote:

>In A2003 I've created lots of custom menus linked to VBA functions. When
>converting such apps to A2007/A2010 how easy/hard will it be to convert
>those menus to the ribbon functionality without using third party add-ons?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Lars

The menus have largely been replaced by the ribbon. This change is one of the
most disruptive features of the 2007 release if you're a heavy custom menu
user!

See

http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html

for some of the major changes in this release.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Lars Brownies on
Thanks John, Paul.
Now I know what I have to do in June...

Lars

From: roccogrand on
Lars,

Please tell me what code you have behind your A2003 menus or give me a
reference to a book about this method. I have seen one app that is enabled
this way but I didn't look at the code.

In Access 2007, I have grabbed images from the Net and added code to them to
open forms. This is not what you want to do but it works for me.

Thanks.

David