From: Lars Brownies on
David,

While in 'menu editing' mode you right click on the menu item and you choose
properties. There you have a field called something like 'On action'. There
you can enter for instance:
=fFormAction(3)
which refers to a vba procedure I made. As you can see you can even pass a
parameter with it. Apparently this works differently in A2007.

Lars

From: roccogrand on
Thanks Lars,

I have only seen custom menus in an app once.

My understanding is that the Ribbon in A2007 can be controlled by XML code.
And I have never done that myself. But I have added images to a form and
linked them to OpenForm and OpenReport events. I just can't imagine needing
anything more than a few buttons to control actions--considering that
application architects recommend less than 10.

I do have one form that uses code developed by OpenGate Software that
"expands and contracts" a subform, like a dropdown menu but the subform
window opens to the right. Check their website if you are interested.

David