From: Rita Brasher on
I have a query and in the criteria for a text field (Route), I'm placing
the following statement:

Like "*433"

When executed, the query will not return any rows. However, if I type
in each option (IE433, X433, etc.) and execute each one, results are
returned.

I had another query where I used this with no issue.
Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Thanks,
Rita Brasher
From: John Spencer on
It could be that you have checked use ANSI compliant SQL. If so the wild card
is a % sign. Try using
Like '%433'
and see if that works

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: KARL DEWEY on
Do you have any formating on the field?

Post the SQL of your query.

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Rita Brasher on
Here's the SQL:

SELECT DISTINCT [Monthly Shortages].ARRIVAL_WORK_DT, [Monthly
Shortages].AIRBILL_NBR, [Monthly Shortages].TRACKING_NBR, [Monthly
Shortages].PORT_ID, [Monthly Shortages].ORIGIN_LOCATION_CD, [Monthly
Shortages].ROUTE_NBR, [Monthly Shortages].SERVICE_CD
FROM [Monthly Shortages]
WHERE ((([Monthly Shortages].ARRIVAL_WORK_DT)="20100510") AND (([Monthly
Shortages].ROUTE_NBR) Like "*433"));

All fields are text. (I didn't create the table, I just access it.)