From: Tony Toews on
On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 08:51:21 -0400, "AVG"
<NOSPAMagiamb(a)newsgroup.nospam> wrote:

>Also referring ot SQL Server 2008 R2, which just came out.
>Any problems with forms, subforms, etc. bound to tables & views?

Probably a bit too soon to tell. So you'll be on the bleeding edge.
<smile>

If you can though you might want to see if you can install SQL Server
2008 (non R2) Express on your own system. Then create a test system
to see if any strangeness exists just in R2.

Tony
From: David W. Fenton on
Tony Toews <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote in

> If you can though you might want to see if you can install SQL
> Server 2008 (non R2) Express on your own system. Then create a
> test system to see if any strangeness exists just in R2.

It's 64-bit only, right?

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: AVG on
Thanks for the reply Tony.
I am currenty converting a large system from Access 2000 fe/be to Access
2007 fe/SQL Server 2005 Express be. When I get to the point of final
testing, I plan to try R2 Express. I was just wondering if anyone had
already tried it.
Typically, I stay away from new things until out for a while, but at the
rate this project has been growing, it would save some pain to not have to
worry about the 4GB limit. Since I won't be using any of the 'new' features,
I'm just hoping that they didn't 'break' the old stuff, like they did with
Access 2007.
I actually found a bug in Access 2007 where it doesn't construct a proper
where clause when requesting an inserted record for a form bound to an
updatable SQL Server view. I have on open case with MS for over three months
now and they are still scratching their heads to find a workaround - never
mind a fix.

--

AG
Email: npATadhdataDOTcom

From: AVG on
No, there are both 32 and 64 bit versions.

AG
Email: npATadhdataDOTcom

From: David W. Fenton on
"AVG" <NOSPAMagiamb(a)newsgroup.nospam> wrote in

> No, there are both 32 and 64 bit versions.

You're right -- I should have just checked what I'd already
downloaded from MSDN! It's Windows Server 2008 R2 that is
64-bit-only, I think.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/