From: Tony Toews on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 08:33:52 -0400, "AVG"
<NOSPAMagiamb(a)newsgroup.nospam> wrote:

>I am currenty converting a large system from Access 2000 fe/be to Access
>2007 fe/SQL Server 2005 Express be. When I get to the point of final
>testing, I plan to try R2 Express. I was just wondering if anyone had
>already tried it.
>Typically, I stay away from new things until out for a while, but at the
>rate this project has been growing, it would save some pain to not have to
>worry about the 4GB limit. Since I won't be using any of the 'new' features,
>I'm just hoping that they didn't 'break' the old stuff, like they did with
>Access 2007.

The SQL Server team seems to be pretty responsive to fixing bugs
So if you see a problem in R2 not there in original post in a SQL
Server forum (wherever that is.) Now the SQL Server MVPS like to
have a complete test case included in the posting. Complete with
table and query creation DDL. This way they can run the code and
verify the problem in a few seconds and then pass on the bug to MS.

Mind you so is the Access team is responsiveto bugs too as I've
participated in a few. They just take tmie of course.

>I actually found a bug in Access 2007 where it doesn't construct a proper
>where clause when requesting an inserted record for a form bound to an
>updatable SQL Server view. I have on open case with MS for over three months
>now and they are still scratching their heads to find a workaround - never
>mind a fix.

Oh dear. Possibly create a new thread with details and we can help
suggest a work around. I'm not that good with complex SQL but there
are others who certainly are.

Tony
From: AVG on
Thanks Tony, maybe I will try a new post.

--

AG
Email: npATadhdataDOTcom