From: AussiePete on
I'm new to discussion groups and don't know if this will go to Roger or Albert

Anyway - I created a database in A2003 about 5 ueatrs ago.
followed instructions in my new (2 days) office 2007 Access - which gave two
options
first it said that 2003 version should work (it doesn't)
alternatively it says to convert db to 2007 format - did that - opened it
(nothing happens)
so far no success just following MS instructions/help etc.

The database has a couple of errors - due to unfinished work (fields in
reports requiring dates to be fed in) - they do not prevent the db working in
2003 version on the old computer

Any ideas
--
Thanks for any help
cheers

From: John Spencer on
Make sure you have set up a trusted folder and then put your database in that
location.

"... should work (it doesn't)..." is not a helpful diagnostic message. Do you
get error messages? Does the database fail to open at all?

You will need to search for instructions (in help or on the net) on setting up
a trusted folder. I can't help you with that as I don't have access to Access
2007 on this computer.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute