From: jbguernsey on
On Aug 13, 1:02 am, "David W. Fenton" <NoEm...(a)SeeSignature.invalid>
wrote:
> BrianDP <bdp...(a)gmail.com> wrote innews:1bfd87ed-28bb-453d-88bf-9c41b5676a0e(a)k10g2000yqa.googlegroups.co
> m:
>
> > I'm having problems with databases that were designed for Access
> > 2007 and Lower, but when I try to run them under 2010, they lock
> > up.. The screeen turns white, and it errors out.  Particularly bad
> > for the people who run the Runtime version.
>
> > Not only that, but SQL as a backend is giving me all the problems
> > that go along with upsizing your backend to SQL!
>
> 64-bit or 32-bit Access? Microsoft recommends using only 32-bit.
>
> --
> David W. Fenton                  http://www.dfenton.com/
> contact via website only    http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/

Info for all.

It's a 32-bit system. I'm pretty certain it was a Windows-based
problem because:

a) I created a brand new database with a brand new table and created
a brand new report based on the new table (nothing else in the
database). Same problem.
b) I uninstalled and re-installed Office 2010 a couple of times - no
change.
c) I have re-installed Windows XP, Office 2010 and the problem has
gone away. The original report that I was working with now opens in
design view exactly as it used to, as do all the others (well, the
ones I've tried anyway).

The guy that rang me has not rung back. If he was touting for
business he obviously hadn't done his research. I'm in Guernsey which
is a tiny island in the English Channel some 80 miles from England and
20 miles from France ... his was an international call so he'd have a
loooong way to travel if he intended to visit (let him have remote
access - no chance!)

Anyway, I'm up and running again. Only cost me the best part of a
day ...

Oh, and I've switched off Automatic Updates (which is the way I've
always worked except on my A2010 box ...)

Thanks for the responses.

JB