From: Philip Herlihy on
MapPoint can do this.

http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/en-us/default.aspx

There's a free trial, so you could impress your boss enough to get him to
pay for a license (about £250, new version out at the end of this month).
Autoroute will do something similar - if you're in the US the equivalent is
called something like "Streets and Trips". Autoroute was discontinued after
2007.

Phil, London

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on

"Philip Herlihy" <thiswillbounceback(a)you.com> wrote in message
> MapPoint can do this.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/en-us/default.aspx
>
> There's a free trial, so you could impress your boss enough to get him to
> pay for a license (about �250, new version out at the end of this month).
> Autoroute will do something similar - if you're in the US the equivalent
> is called something like "Streets and Trips". Autoroute was discontinued
> after 2007.
>
> Phil, London

I'm pretty sure that Streets & Trips (and probably AutoRoute) do not have a
programmable object model.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com