From: YorksTopBear on
Thanks, Arvin. If I've understood correctly, I can only use this if I have a
website, is that correct? I am quite conversatn with Word, Excel and
PowerPoint but Access is something that is very new to me - very plain
English for the stupid is very much appreciated :-). Is there a way I can do
this without a website? Can I ask Access to look in a particular column and
give a reference from another column that show as a pin or flag on the map?

Thank you, again, Alvin, for your response.

Kind regards

Michael

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Well there is another way, and I have done some rudimentary work with it.
Microsoft MapPoint has a VBA object model and is fully programmable in
Access. I have been able to put a pushpin on a imported map and show the
directions. I have not tried anything like what you desire, but I suspect it
could be done. Try asking this question in a MapPoint newsgroup. There are a
few MVPs there with possibly more expertise in that area than I have in
MapPoint.