From: Todd Bocik on
When using the Event Planning Application Template, user are getting
an Error: Access Denied when clicking the button "Add Event to
Personal Schedule" on the Event Schedule screen.

The users are in a group that have contribute privleges. If I log in
with Full Control I do not get the Access Denied error. My technical
team and I believe it has something to do with the user not having
sufficient privledges to see the Add Event to Personal Schedul page or
something to do with the privleges to the workflow.

The steps associated with this template are:
1. User Registers
2. User Picks an event from the Event Schedule calendar
3. User clicks the "Add Event to Personal Schedule" button on the
Event Schedule window
4. Workflow displays the Add Event to Personal Schedule page
5. User chooses "Add" on the Add Event to Personal Schedule page
6. Workflow moves the event information to the Personal Schedule list.

In the steps shown above, the user gets Error: Access Denied between
step 3 and 4.

Also, if the user clicks the Workflows button on the Event Schedule
page and then chooses AddEvent under Start A New Workflow, the user
gets the same error. However, when the user with full control chooses
AddEvent, it goes to the Add Event to Peresonal Schedule page.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or know how to resolve?

Thanks

From: Todd Bocik on
On Apr 25, 12:39 pm, Todd Bocik <boc...(a)saic.com> wrote:
> When using the Event Planning Application Template, user are getting
> an Error: Access Denied  when clicking the button "Add Event to
> Personal Schedule" on the Event Schedule screen.
>
> The users are in a group that have contribute privleges.  If I log in
> with Full Control I do not get the Access Denied error.  My technical
> team and I believe it has something to do with the user not having
> sufficient privledges to see the Add Event to Personal Schedul page or
> something to do with the privleges to the workflow.
>
> The steps associated with this template are:
> 1. User Registers
> 2. User Picks an event from the Event Schedule calendar
> 3. User clicks the "Add Event to Personal Schedule" button on the
> Event Schedule window
> 4. Workflow displays the Add Event to Personal Schedule page
> 5. User chooses "Add" on the Add Event to Personal Schedule page
> 6. Workflow moves the event information to the Personal Schedule list.
>
> In the steps shown above, the user gets Error: Access Denied between
> step 3 and 4.
>
> Also, if the user clicks the Workflows button on the Event Schedule
> page and then chooses AddEvent under Start A New Workflow, the user
> gets the same error.  However, when the user with full control chooses
> AddEvent, it goes to the Add Event to Peresonal Schedule page.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem and/or know how to resolve?
>
> Thanks

One more piece of information. We are running WSS version 3