From: Yogin on
Hi, I'm new to access and in the process of building a new holiday (annual
leave) database.

I have created the tables I need, and i am in the process of building the
forms.

I have a form named frmdates which will be used to book the holiday (annual
leave) as someone enter onto this form you need select the date being booked
off. I also have set allowances so we do not overbook. I have table called
tbl allowance where I set the allowance by date. I'm trying to default this
on the frmdates page?

Can someone help me please, I have tried using the expression builder and
finding the allowance table but I get an error

Also once this is done I am looking to set-up sub-forms on this page.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

Yogin

From: Jeff Boyce on
Yogin

Access is a relational database. It all starts with the data.

You stated "I have created the tables I need" ... but we're not there, so we
can't tell if your table structure is helping you or hurting what you're
trying to do.

More info, please...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Yogin" <Yogin(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm new to access and in the process of building a new holiday (annual
> leave) database.
>
> I have created the tables I need, and i am in the process of building the
> forms.
>
> I have a form named frmdates which will be used to book the holiday
> (annual
> leave) as someone enter onto this form you need select the date being
> booked
> off. I also have set allowances so we do not overbook. I have table called
> tbl allowance where I set the allowance by date. I'm trying to default
> this
> on the frmdates page?
>
> Can someone help me please, I have tried using the expression builder and
> finding the allowance table but I get an error
>
> Also once this is done I am looking to set-up sub-forms on this page.
>
> What am i doing wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Yogin

Pages: 1