From: William B. Lurie on
It's been a long time since I went there, and
I've forgotten how to change from mu current user/owner
status, to log on as Administrator. I have a driver update
that requires me to log on as Administrator.
Help please, and thank you.
From: Daave on

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admins.htm

From: William B. Lurie on
Daave wrote:
> William B. Lurie wrote:
>> It's been a long time since I went there, and
>> I've forgotten how to change from mu current user/owner
>> status, to log on as Administrator. I have a driver update
>> that requires me to log on as Administrator.
>> Help please, and thank you.
>
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admins.htm

Thanks, Daave.....I have XP/Home and knew about F8 to Safe Mode
and then to Administrator........but I was hoping to avoid the
lengthy delay that Safe Mode involves. Can't win 'em all.
From: Daave on
William B. Lurie wrote:
> Daave wrote:
>> William B. Lurie wrote:
>>> It's been a long time since I went there, and
>>> I've forgotten how to change from mu current user/owner
>>> status, to log on as Administrator. I have a driver update
>>> that requires me to log on as Administrator.
>>> Help please, and thank you.
>>
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admins.htm
>>

> Thanks, Daave.....I have XP/Home and knew about F8 to Safe Mode
> and then to Administrator........but I was hoping to avoid the
> lengthy delay that Safe Mode involves. Can't win 'em all.

True. Still quicker than upgrading to XP Pro. ;-)

Then again, you should create a new account with Administrative
privileges. Although you do not need to use this account on a daily
basis, it will be there for you when you need to log on with these
privileges. And you would be able to do so in Normal Mode.

From: William B. Lurie on
Daave wrote:
> William B. Lurie wrote:
>> Daave wrote:
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admins.htm
>>>

>> Thanks, Daave.....I have XP/Home and knew about F8 to Safe Mode
>> and then to Administrator........but I was hoping to avoid the
>> lengthy delay that Safe Mode involves. Can't win 'em all.
>
> True. Still quicker than upgrading to XP Pro. ;-)
>
> Then again, you should create a new account with Administrative
> privileges. Although you do not need to use this account on a daily
> basis, it will be there for you when you need to log on with these
> privileges. And you would be able to do so in Normal Mode.

I'll take that advice, some time, Daave, but right now
I have enough alligators sniping at my butt and have to
fend them off first.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: schedule a task