From: Ravi on
Add before calling any method of MS NAV's services

objItemCard.UseDefaultCredentials = true;
//objItemCard.
or in case of network:-

objItemCard.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("User Name", "Password", "Domain");

after that it will access

LeeWeoiL wrote:

NAV 6 web services database password exception.
02-Feb-09

Dear all,

Please help me out. I really have no idea left in figuring out what can be
done to fix this problem or what is the real cause for this.

What I had did?

I published out the Customer Card page in Nav. 2009. and I have created an
aspx page with gridview to show a list of customer no. and customer name. I
have added the Customer Card web service as web reference.

When I run the page, it showing me the following error.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavDatabasePasswordException: The user ID and
password are invalid. Try again.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:
Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavDatabasePasswordException: The user ID and
password are invalid. Try again.

Source Error:

Line 44: // Find the records and set the resulting records as
Line 45: // the datasource for the grid
Line 46: GridView1.DataSource =
CCServ.ReadMultiple(CCFilter.ToArray(), null, 100);
Line 47: }
Line 48: }

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwnav6\CustomerCard.aspx.cs Line: 46

Stack Trace:

[SoapException: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavDatabasePasswordException:
The user ID and password are invalid. Try again.]

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
+431678
methodName, Object[] parameters) +204
NAVCustomerCard.Customer_Card_Service.ReadMultiple(Customer_Card_Filter[]
filter, String bookmarkKey, Int32 setSize) +96
CustomerCard.GetCustomer(String CountryFilter) in
c:\Inetpub\wwwnav6\CustomerCard.aspx.cs:46
CustomerCard.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
c:\Inetpub\wwwnav6\CustomerCard.aspx.cs:25
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o,
Object t, EventArgs e) +14
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender,
EventArgs e) +35
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

Please help me out here..

Thank you in advance.

On Monday, February 02, 2009 1:51 AM
LeeWeoiL wrote:

[...]

On Monday, February 02, 2009 8:18 AM
Daniel Rimmelzwaan wrote:

Re: NAV 6 web services database password exception.
NAV web services are not intended for public anonymous access. You will have
to program your aspx page to use valid credentials, a Windows user login
that has the right permissions to retrieve that information. Go to
http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=32 to read entries about the
same issue.

"Lee Weoi Li" <LeeWeoiLi(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Distributed Data Grids - Share Objects Between Windows Service and ASP.NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/953ed61f-e440-4ca5-8b7a-1bb00e33db07/distributed-data-grids-.aspx