From: Wing on
Dear All,

I have tried to install Nav 5.0 on Window XP SP3, the error is prompted as
below:

Error 1931 : The windows installer service cannot update the system file
c:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml6r.dll because the file is protected by windows. You
may need to update your operating system for this program to work correctly.

What happen? And how can i solve it?

Thanks,
Wing
From: Savatage on
is this a clean version of XP or has it been updated win2000->winxp?

also check these posts from the MS support. hopefully your aNSWER LIES
WITHIN.
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=error+1931&catalog=LCID%3D1033&mode=r
From: Wing on
Dear "Savatage",

Thank you for your reply. It is clean version of XP.
I will check on MS support.

Thanks,
Wing

From: itpro.va on
Dear Wing

"Wing" <Wing(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I have tried to install Nav 5.0 on Window XP SP3, the error is prompted as
> below:
>
> Error 1931 : The windows installer service cannot update the system file
> c:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml6r.dll because the file is protected by windows.
> You
> may need to update your operating system for this program to work
> correctly.
>
> What happen? And how can i solve it?

Please see MBS knowledga base Article-ID: 957397 for a likely cause and
solution

Error message when you try to install Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 Service
Pack 1 on a computer that is running a localized version of Windows XP
Service Pack 3: 'The Windows Installer service cannot update the system file
c:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml6r.dll'
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KbDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYXUPYZQPOUXNXSPSYOLWKNLWKYWMNQPPL

From: Wing on
Dear itpro.va,
Thank you for your reply. I will check for it soon.

Thanks,
Wing