From: Chris on
Some while ago I asked here for recommendations for a new film
scanner, my old Scanwit 2720 having failed.

In the event, I purchased a secondhand Scanwit 2740 on ebay. I was
very pleased to start with; using Vuescan, the Digital ICE feature
worked well.

Unfortunately, I soon found that it wouldn't batch scan reliably. Most
(though not all) batches of four slides would have one or two that
were completely washed out, or very unsharp. This was a major blow,
as I have thousands of slides still to scan. With my old 2720, I
could keep feeding in the slides without having to worry that I would
need to re-scan some.

I've tried using the native MiraPhoto software - I have used Vuescan
for years with the 2720, and I'd forgotten how bad Mira was; I don't
think I managed to get a full set of four scans with it. And it's
chronically slow.

What I don't know, and I'm not sure how to tell, is whether I have a
faulty scanner.

So - and I appreciate this is a long shot, given the age of the 2740 -
has anyone (or does anyone still) use a Scanwit 2740 with Vuescan
successfully?

Chris.