From: Martin S Taylor on
Acquisition has decided not to connect to the Gnutella network. Anyone
suggest a reason? The port is open, and I haven't changed any settings. Is
this another ntl: problem?

Martin S Taylor

From: Jim on
Martin S Taylor <hogwash(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:

> Acquisition has decided not to connect to the Gnutella network. Anyone
> suggest a reason? The port is open, and I haven't changed any settings. Is
> this another ntl: problem?

Still connecting fine here on Plusnet. Doesn't help much but at least it
gives you a data point.

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk
AIM/iChatAV: JCAndrew2
From: Bella Jones on
Martin S Taylor <hogwash(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:

> Acquisition has decided not to connect to the Gnutella network. Anyone
> suggest a reason? The port is open, and I haven't changed any settings. Is
> this another ntl: problem?

Ah - Mine (the latest version, got this morning) will connect, but would
not download.

--
bellajonez at yahoo dot co dot uk
From: Martin Sammtleben on
In article <1hk88hf.11oxt8e1t9n2o8N%me9(a)privacy.net>,
me9(a)privacy.net (Bella Jones) wrote:

> Ah - Mine (the latest version, got this morning) will connect, but would
> not download.

If I've learned one thing the hard way, it's to not upgrade to the
latest whatever as soon as it becomes available. Rather wait and see how
it shakes out for others.

I like to think of it as a *very* British attitude - the Euro comes to
mind. ;-)

--
Cheers Martin
From: Martin S Taylor on
Bella Jones wrote
>> Acquisition has decided not to connect to the Gnutella network. Anyone
>> suggest a reason? The port is open, and I haven't changed any settings. Is
>> this another ntl: problem?
>
> Ah - Mine (the latest version, got this morning) will connect, but would
> not download.

Not the problem here. I downloaded the latest version *because* the old one
wouldn't connect.

MST