From: june on
Hi

had a few pc issues recently

so went for a full format of the c: partition
and full load from scratch

then after about 6 backups later - so pc fully loaded

acronis failed to start up - didnt think anything of it

was ok after

had a printer install hang - so had a forced reboot

so decided to go backto the image before the printer to be extra clean

acronis said image corrupt - oh dear . . .

anyway - if i boot up from the acronis boot cd - all images verify
so i reinstalled back to the one it wouldnt do before

pc back to normal

but every time i do a checkdisk it always finds a few minor errors

i know in it self they are nothing - e.g. unused indexes etc.

but its every time

it leaves me with an uneasy feeling - wondering if its HD or maybe the
sata cable ?

any ideas welcome

thanks

From: june on
june wrote:
> Hi
>
> had a few pc issues recently
>
> so went for a full format of the c: partition
> and full load from scratch
>
> then after about 6 backups later - so pc fully loaded
>
> acronis failed to start up - didnt think anything of it
>
> was ok after
>
> had a printer install hang - so had a forced reboot
>
> so decided to go backto the image before the printer to be extra clean
>
> acronis said image corrupt - oh dear . . .
>
> anyway - if i boot up from the acronis boot cd - all images verify
> so i reinstalled back to the one it wouldnt do before
>
> pc back to normal
>
> but every time i do a checkdisk it always finds a few minor errors
>
> i know in it self they are nothing - e.g. unused indexes etc.
>
> but its every time
>
> it leaves me with an uneasy feeling - wondering if its HD or maybe the
> sata cable ?
>

> any ideas welcome
>
> thanks

from speedfan smart readings

Attribute Current Raw Overall
Raw Read Error Rate 100 0 Normal
3Spin Up Time 77 7640 Normal
Start/Stop Count 100 217 Very good
Reallocated Sector Count100 0 Very good
Seek Error Rate 253 0 Very good
Seek Time Performance 100 0 Very good
Power On Hours Count 100 556 Very good
Spin Retry Count 100 0 Very good
Calibration Retry Count 100 0 Very good
Power Cycle Count 100 214 Very good
Read Soft Error Rate 100 0 Normal
Unknown attribute 183 100 0 Very good
Unknown attribute 184 100 0 Very good
Unknown attribute 187 100 0 Very good
Unknown attribute 188 100 0 Very good
Airflow Temperature 74 437321754 Good
Hardware ECC Recovered 100 166714 Very good
Reallocated Event Count 100 0 Very good
Current Pending Sector 100 0 Very good
Offline Uncorrectable Sector Count 100 0 Very good
Ultra DMA CRC Error Rate 100 0 Normal
Write Error Rate 100 0 Normal
Soft Read Error Rate 253 0 Very good

From: Rod Speed on
june <june(a)june.com> wrote:
> june wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> had a few pc issues recently
>>
>> so went for a full format of the c: partition
>> and full load from scratch
>>
>> then after about 6 backups later - so pc fully loaded
>>
>> acronis failed to start up - didnt think anything of it
>>
>> was ok after
>>
>> had a printer install hang - so had a forced reboot
>>
>> so decided to go backto the image before the printer to be extra
>> clean acronis said image corrupt - oh dear . . .
>>
>> anyway - if i boot up from the acronis boot cd - all images verify
>> so i reinstalled back to the one it wouldnt do before
>>
>> pc back to normal
>>
>> but every time i do a checkdisk it always finds a few minor errors
>>
>> i know in it self they are nothing - e.g. unused indexes etc.
>>
>> but its every time
>>
>> it leaves me with an uneasy feeling - wondering if its HD or maybe
>> the sata cable ?
>>

>> any ideas welcome
>>
>> thanks
>>

> from speedfan smart readings
>
> Attribute Current Raw Overall
> Raw Read Error Rate 100 0 Normal
> 3Spin Up Time 77 7640 Normal
> Start/Stop Count 100 217 Very good
> Reallocated Sector Count100 0 Very good
> Seek Error Rate 253 0 Very good
> Seek Time Performance 100 0 Very good
> Power On Hours Count 100 556 Very good
> Spin Retry Count 100 0 Very good
> Calibration Retry Count 100 0 Very good
> Power Cycle Count 100 214 Very good
> Read Soft Error Rate 100 0 Normal
> Unknown attribute 183 100 0 Very good
> Unknown attribute 184 100 0 Very good
> Unknown attribute 187 100 0 Very good
> Unknown attribute 188 100 0 Very good
> Airflow Temperature 74 437321754 Good
> Hardware ECC Recovered 100 166714 Very good
> Reallocated Event Count 100 0 Very good
> Current Pending Sector 100 0 Very good
> Offline Uncorrectable Sector Count 100 0 Very good
> Ultra DMA CRC Error Rate 100 0 Normal
> Write Error Rate 100 0 Normal
> Soft Read Error Rate 253 0 Very good

The hard drive looks fine.

Is there anything useful in the system logs ?

You dont say what OS you are using.

From: june on
Rod Speed wrote:
> june <june(a)june.com> wrote:
>> june wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> had a few pc issues recently
>>>
>>> so went for a full format of the c: partition
>>> and full load from scratch
>>>
>>> then after about 6 backups later - so pc fully loaded
>>>
>>> acronis failed to start up - didnt think anything of it
>>>
>>> was ok after
>>>
>>> had a printer install hang - so had a forced reboot
>>>
>>> so decided to go backto the image before the printer to be extra
>>> clean acronis said image corrupt - oh dear . . .
>>>
>>> anyway - if i boot up from the acronis boot cd - all images verify
>>> so i reinstalled back to the one it wouldnt do before
>>>
>>> pc back to normal
>>>
>>> but every time i do a checkdisk it always finds a few minor errors
>>>
>>> i know in it self they are nothing - e.g. unused indexes etc.
>>>
>>> but its every time
>>>
>>> it leaves me with an uneasy feeling - wondering if its HD or maybe
>>> the sata cable ?
>>>

>>> any ideas welcome
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>

>> from speedfan smart readings
>>
>> Attribute Current Raw Overall
>> Raw Read Error Rate 100 0 Normal
>> 3Spin Up Time 77 7640 Normal
>> Start/Stop Count 100 217 Very good
>> Reallocated Sector Count100 0 Very good
>> Seek Error Rate 253 0 Very good
>> Seek Time Performance 100 0 Very good
>> Power On Hours Count 100 556 Very good
>> Spin Retry Count 100 0 Very good
>> Calibration Retry Count 100 0 Very good
>> Power Cycle Count 100 214 Very good
>> Read Soft Error Rate 100 0 Normal
>> Unknown attribute 183 100 0 Very good
>> Unknown attribute 184 100 0 Very good
>> Unknown attribute 187 100 0 Very good
>> Unknown attribute 188 100 0 Very good
>> Airflow Temperature 74 437321754 Good
>> Hardware ECC Recovered 100 166714 Very good
>> Reallocated Event Count 100 0 Very good
>> Current Pending Sector 100 0 Very good
>> Offline Uncorrectable Sector Count 100 0 Very good
>> Ultra DMA CRC Error Rate 100 0 Normal
>> Write Error Rate 100 0 Normal
>> Soft Read Error Rate 253 0 Very good
>
> The hard drive looks fine.
>
> Is there anything useful in the system logs ?
>
> You dont say what OS you are using.

hi

xp pro sp3

error code
==========

32 (0x70020) date time The archive is corrupted: None

502 (0x101F6) date time Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated
details image corruption (0x70020)
tag = 0xF5F8CBCF76155638

not checked disk for a day :) - so might do tomorrow

the big tag show sup on google but in foreign

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=0xF5F8CBCF76155638&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=sn4&filter=0

From: june on
june wrote:
> Rod Speed wrote:
>> june <june(a)june.com> wrote:

>>> from speedfan smart readings
>>>
>>> Attribute Current Raw Overall
>>> Raw Read Error Rate 100 0 Normal
>>> 3Spin Up Time 77 7640 Normal
>>> Start/Stop Count 100 217 Very good
>>> Reallocated Sector Count100 0 Very good
>>> Seek Error Rate 253 0 Very good
>>> Seek Time Performance 100 0 Very good
>>> Power On Hours Count 100 556 Very good
>>> Spin Retry Count 100 0 Very good
>>> Calibration Retry Count 100 0 Very good
>>> Power Cycle Count 100 214 Very good
>>> Read Soft Error Rate 100 0 Normal
>>> Unknown attribute 183 100 0 Very good
>>> Unknown attribute 184 100 0 Very good
>>> Unknown attribute 187 100 0 Very good
>>> Unknown attribute 188 100 0 Very good
>>> Airflow Temperature 74 437321754 Good
>>> Hardware ECC Recovered 100 166714 Very good
>>> Reallocated Event Count 100 0 Very good
>>> Current Pending Sector 100 0 Very good
>>> Offline Uncorrectable Sector Count 100 0 Very good
>>> Ultra DMA CRC Error Rate 100 0 Normal
>>> Write Error Rate 100 0 Normal
>>> Soft Read Error Rate 253 0 Very good
>>
>> The hard drive looks fine.
>>
>> Is there anything useful in the system logs ?
>>
>> You dont say what OS you are using.
>>

> hi
>
> xp pro sp3
>

> error code
>
> 32 (0x70020) date time The archive is corrupted: None
>

> 502 (0x101F6) date time Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated
> details image corruption (0x70020)
> tag = 0xF5F8CBCF76155638
>

> not checked disk for a day :) - so might do tomorrow
>

> the big tag show sup on google but in foreign
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=0xF5F8CBCF76155638&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=sn4&filter=0

and the little tag is there as well