From: Dave on
Is there a way to query a specific OU to return the count of a specific
operating system without iteration? I just want to return the count of a
specific OS from all the computers in a specific OU. I just can't imagine how
this can be done without iteration and binding to each computer object to get
the OS, but I'm hoping it can be done.
From: Corey on
Have you tried something like this:

select operatingsystem from 'LDAP://[your OUpath here]' where
objectClass='computer' AND operatingSystem = '[os to look for]'