From: deepchopra1981 on
Hi Folks,
Recently I have been encountering a problem with the Active
Directory users and the system manager in the exchange server 2003.
Upon right clicking on the active directory user I get an error
stating "The System cannot find the file specified Facility: Win32
ID No: c0070002 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension."
Following this error the active directory mmc crashes. I get a similar
error when I double click on the Exchange System Manager. When I check
out the Application Log in the system's event viewer after recieving
this error, I see the following error message:
"Faulting application mmc.exe, version 5.2.3790.1830, faulting module
ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x000396"
Restarting the server didn't help. I tried installing exchange service
pack 2 on the machine and ended up getting an error stating "A fatal
setup error has occured. Look at C:\Windows\Temp\eventlog.txt for
more information. Cancelling setup" and the setup process aborts. The
operating system on the machine is Windows server 2003.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!!!

From: deepchopra1981 on
Found out the problem. Our domain admin profile on the exchange server
had become corrupted. Just added another user to the domain
administrators group and logged in to the exchange from that user's
profile. Seems to be working great.