From: cbsmith42 on
Today I got a pop-up upon logging in to Outlook Web Access (FE is exch2k3 sp2
on Win2k3 sp 1) that says that it wants to install the add-on: 'MIME Edit
binary behaviour.' It has the publisher listed as 'Microsoft Corporation
(unverified publisher).'

I did a quick google search and found a reference to mimectl.dll but cannot
find any information on Microsoft site pertaining to .dll

Can anybody tell me:
1) What it is?
2) Why it's come up today?
Recent changes to server: Installed the ActiveSync support pack a while back
but just got it working a couple days ago.
Recent changes to client: Just installed the Daylight Savings Time update
(Windows XP SP 2) and the Outlook data update tool. May not have been in
since I upgraded to IE 7 but don't know for sure.

From: Andy David {MVP} on

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924334 ?

From: cbsmith42 on
Gosh you're right. Thanks!

I had not gotten that pop-up on prior upgrades where the certificate add-in
was installed. Only created calendar appointments yesterday to test for DST
but when I tried a new message this morning, the new window disappeared (this
is the behaviour I had seen before).

Again, many thanks.