From: Martin Racette on
Hi,

Can anyone tell of another way to fix that error that to reboot the computer. I
get it about every 2 or 3 hours, and that started on Sunday

I'm sick and tired of rebooting the computer just for the PPC to work and be
kept in sync

--
Thank you in Advance

Merci a l'Avance

Martin

From: John Blessing on

"Martin Racette" <rat7_2001(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell of another way to fix that error that to reboot the
> computer. I get it about every 2 or 3 hours, and that started on Sunday
>
> I'm sick and tired of rebooting the computer just for the PPC to work and
> be kept in sync
>
> --
> Thank you in Advance
>
> Merci a l'Avance
>
> Martin

Sorry, don't know either. I've tried Repairing my Outlook, creating a new
..pst and importing from the old, scanpst, installing AS4.1, everything bar
uninstall and reinstall Outlook, which I am really loathe to do.

The only way I can give it any sort of chance of working is to select 1
month (not "All") as the time period for email synch.

AS is one program which has got less reliable with less features over the
years. How they do it I don't know.

If you find a solution, please post it here.

John Blessing
jb(a)Lbesoftware.com
businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.outlook-find-replace.com Find and Replace in MS Outlook

From: Alan on

"Martin Racette" <rat7_2001(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell of another way to fix that error that to reboot the
> computer. I get it about every 2 or 3 hours, and that started on Sunday
>
> I'm sick and tired of rebooting the computer just for the PPC to work and
> be kept in sync
>
> --
> Thank you in Advance
>
> Merci a l'Avance
>
> Martin

Another way to fix?
Saying what you have already tried would help people to repeat things
already done and wasting their time. What have you tried?

From: Martin Racette on
What I tried was to do a repair of Outlook, to stop Outlook and then restart it,
to stop AS4.1 and then to restart it (which fix a few other bug with AS), and
nothing other than a full restart works

P.S. When I stop and restart AS, the PPC is not in the craddle, and when I
re-inssert it in the craddle AS sees it as connected and will not do anything
else

BTW. What is error 86000209 anyway, it might be helpful to know what it is when
trying to fix it

--
Thank you in Advance

Merci a l'Avance

Martin

From: Alan on
Can you PLEASE follow the flow of conversation, changing to top posting
after bottom posting makes it hard to follow, you'll lose help.

> What I tried was to do a repair of Outlook, to stop Outlook and then
> restart it, to stop AS4.1 and then to restart it (which fix a few other
> bug with AS), and nothing other than a full restart works
>
> P.S. When I stop and restart AS, the PPC is not in the craddle, and when I
> re-inssert it in the craddle AS sees it as connected and will not do
> anything else
>
> BTW. What is error 86000209 anyway, it might be helpful to know what it is
> when trying to fix it
>
> --
> Thank you in Advance
>
> Merci a l'Avance
>
> Martin

Have a search of the newsgroup archives and MS site for your error code?

It may be worth trying one of the utilities that stop AS then restarting it.
Does it run properly that way without a reboot? Killsync is one,
Killactivesync another. I don't have links at the moment but a web search
should find them.

Also these may be worth checking through:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/activesync/default.mspx
http://bevhoward.com/ASync.htm