From: Peter Blackburn on
It works for me with Windows Mobile 5.0.

I just copied the files: cerdisp2.exe and KillProc.exe to the device Windows
folder from

C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile Developer Power
Toys\ActiveSync_Remote_Display\devices\wce400\<hardware>

which in my case was the "armv4t" folder

From then on ASRDisp.exe would connect to the device - yes it gives the
notice about the OS or CPU of the device being unknown to the application
but it still appears to work

Peter Blackburn
www.sqlreportingservices.net

From: ma...@gmail.com on
Peter,

I have the same setup. When I try to run it. I get the notice and
then a blank white screen. And still doesn't work.

Anymore ideas.

Jason

From: ma...@gmail.com on
I did get it to work by using the instructions in the readme.txt file.

If you see error message "The OS or CPU of this device is unknown to
this
application", it usually means the CPU type of the current device,
typically
a Windows CE device, is not recognized by this tool. The workaround is
1. Find the CPU type of the device (from the manual or the
manufacturer).
2. Copy <ToolInstallDir>\Devices\wce400\<CPUType>\cerdisp2.exe to the
\windows
folder of the device.
3. Run "cerhost2.exe -m" on the desktop/laptop.
4. Run cerdisp2.exe on the device.
5. When the remote display is no longer needed, terminate cerdisp2.exe
on
the device.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2