From: nospam on
In article <pcsvv515gq4e95qpd1pnnlh2uajab7ht91(a)4ax.com>,
<jj(a)unspameljefe.net> wrote:

> Yep. That and Opanda. Opanda seems to give me more info, but nothing
> I can find on actuations.

dump all tags with exiftool. if that doesn't show it, nothing will.
canon doesn't write shutter count in all cameras, and there's a pretty
good chance the 5d is among them.
From: Lucas on

"nospam" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> schreef in bericht
> In article <pcsvv515gq4e95qpd1pnnlh2uajab7ht91(a)4ax.com>,
> <jj(a)unspameljefe.net> wrote:
>
>> Yep. That and Opanda. Opanda seems to give me more info, but nothing
>> I can find on actuations.
>
> dump all tags with exiftool. if that doesn't show it, nothing will.
> canon doesn't write shutter count in all cameras, and there's a pretty
> good chance the 5d is among them.

Wrong: All official Canon Service/Repair Centres have a tool to check total
shutter actuations for all Canon DSLRs, tried to get hold of that software,
no luck so far...
They use this info for their own research: how intensively are camera's
used, especially the pro-range.

From: nospam on
In article <4c00ac4f$0$18812$e4fe514c(a)dreader16.news.xs4all.nl>, Lucas
<cauwels(a)xs4all.nl> wrote:

> >> Yep. That and Opanda. Opanda seems to give me more info, but nothing
> >> I can find on actuations.
> >
> > dump all tags with exiftool. if that doesn't show it, nothing will.
> > canon doesn't write shutter count in all cameras, and there's a pretty
> > good chance the 5d is among them.
>
> Wrong: All official Canon Service/Repair Centres have a tool to check total
> shutter actuations for all Canon DSLRs, tried to get hold of that software,
> no luck so far...

and that helps the original poster how? even you can't get the software.
From: Lucas on

>> > dump all tags with exiftool. if that doesn't show it, nothing will.
>> > canon doesn't write shutter count in all cameras, and there's a pretty
>> > good chance the 5d is among them.
>>
>> Wrong: All official Canon Service/Repair Centres have a tool to check
>> total
>> shutter actuations for all Canon DSLRs, tried to get hold of that
>> software,
>> no luck so far...
>
> and that helps the original poster how? even you can't get the software.

At least the OP now knows that there IS an answer to the question, so "keep
on looking" may not entirely be a quest for the holy grail....
....maybe kidnap or blackmail a CPS-employee? Sorry, that is illegal, forget
the suggestion....

From: jj on
On Sat, 29 May 2010 15:15:41 +0200, "Lucas" <cauwels(a)xs4all.nl> wrote:

>At least the OP now knows that there IS an answer to the question, so "keep
>on looking" may not entirely be a quest for the holy grail....
>...maybe kidnap or blackmail a CPS-employee? Sorry, that is illegal, forget
>the suggestion....

I e-mailed a person I know at Canon. I just had the camera in to have
the mirror re-glued. (Yeah, that again.) Here's what he wrote:

"The Factory Service Center is the only group that can advise you of
the shutter count. If you had mentioned you wanted to know, I would
have asked while they had your camera. I can't confirm the internet
sites and companies offering software."

If I'd known I couldn't get the actuation number myself, I would have
asked Canon to do it. Oh well.

But you're right. If Canon has the means to check this, why don't they
share it with people buying their $3000 cameras?

JJ

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: another cool shot