From: Dannie on
Loved it on my old PC. Situation now is new PC and what it might find.Ideas
wanted from knowledgeable people working with Ad-Aware as to what to do
should it find stuff on new PC?
TIA
Dannie

From: Dannie on
Actually I have never put stuff in quaritine. Like to hear from some one who
has and then took it out of qquaritine and put it back.
Dannie

From: Drumstick on
In article <hea4h.44$Ky6.18(a)newsfe11.lga>,
sloopoke.noname(a)nospam.optonline.net says...
> Actually I have never put stuff in quaritine. Like to hear from some one who
> has and then took it out of qquaritine and put it back.
> Dannie
>
> "Far Canal" <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
> > Dannie wrote
> >
> >> Loved it on my old PC. Situation now is new PC and what it might
> >> find.Ideas
> >> wanted from knowledgeable people working with Ad-Aware as to what to do
> >> should it find stuff on new PC?
> >> TIA
> >> Dannie
> >>

> > *should it* = pointless post

Somehow, I don't see the value of quarentine. I guess if you wanted to
send it to "the pros" or something. I just always delete.... Is there
something I'm missing here?

Drum--
From: jeremy on

"Dannie" <sloopoke.noname(a)nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> Actually I have never put stuff in quaritine. Like to hear from some one
> who has and then took it out of qquaritine and put it back.
> Dannie

I always quarantine, because every so often there are false positives.
SuperAnti-Spyware had a few some weeks back, and it was easy to restore the
items from quarantine than it was to install the applications over again.

From: occam on
Drumstick wrote:
> In article <hea4h.44$Ky6.18(a)newsfe11.lga>,
> sloopoke.noname(a)nospam.optonline.net says...
>> Actually I have never put stuff in quaritine. Like to hear from some one who
>> has and then took it out of qquaritine and put it back.
>> Dannie
>>
>> "Far Canal" <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
>>> Dannie wrote

>>> *should it* = pointless post
>>>

> Somehow, I don't see the value of quarentine. I guess if you wanted to
> send it to "the pros" or something. I just always delete.... Is there
> something I'm missing here?
>
> Drum--

On the odd occasion(s) that Ad-Aware found false positives - quarantine
allows you to restore stuff which are not harmful. 'Rollback'.