From: labicff on
I had an Internet Hijacker so I read up on it and had to run
SmitfraudFix.cmd in safe mode. Step one is scan(it found the problem)
Step two is to run disk cleanup, but it too hours, so i had to
finally abort it. Then the last step it to clean registry. but
that clean registry gave me an error, I assume because I never did a
disk cleanup. So I read up on groups how to fix my disk cleanup
freeze problem. I deleted some temp files and deleted a volumecaches
key in my registry. Now disk cleanup works fine.
So what do I do now. Should I go back to safe more and run
SmitfraudFix.cmd with option 3 to clean registry?

Thanks.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: <labicff(a)yahoo.com>

| I had an Internet Hijacker so I read up on it and had to run
| SmitfraudFix.cmd in safe mode. Step one is scan(it found the problem)
| Step two is to run disk cleanup, but it too hours, so i had to
| finally abort it. Then the last step it to clean registry. but
| that clean registry gave me an error, I assume because I never did a
| disk cleanup. So I read up on groups how to fix my disk cleanup
| freeze problem. I deleted some temp files and deleted a volumecaches
| key in my registry. Now disk cleanup works fine.
| So what do I do now. Should I go back to safe more and run
| SmitfraudFix.cmd with option 3 to clean registry?
|
| Thanks.

You need to be specific on WHO's SmitFraud tool you are referring to, where you got it and
what version.

Just stating "SmitfraudFix.cmd" is not enough.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

From: labicff on
here is the link of where I got it, there are many other website that
carry it.

http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php

From: labicff on
p.s SmitfraudFix did get rid of my hijacker. But apparently they
often leave loose ends in the registry that need to be cleaned.

From: Gaz on

<labicff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I had an Internet Hijacker so I read up on it and had to run
> SmitfraudFix.cmd in safe mode. Step one is scan(it found the problem)
> Step two is to run disk cleanup, but it too hours, so i had to
> finally abort it. Then the last step it to clean registry. but
> that clean registry gave me an error, I assume because I never did a
> disk cleanup. So I read up on groups how to fix my disk cleanup
> freeze problem. I deleted some temp files and deleted a volumecaches
> key in my registry. Now disk cleanup works fine.
> So what do I do now. Should I go back to safe more and run
> SmitfraudFix.cmd with option 3 to clean registry?
>
> Thanks.

Did you read the bit that said 'do this in safe mode'?

Gaz

Pages: 1
Prev: Ad-Aware
Next: Ad.doubleclick.net problem