From: Sam on
Have win xp home. In control panel, the add or remove programs will not
work. Click on it and nothing happens, right click, open, still nothing. I
have the add remove pro program and it works fine, but don't understand why
regular one won't work. Any help appreciated.

From: Weatherlawyer on

Sam wrote:
> Have win xp home. In control panel, the add or remove programs will not
> work. Click on it and nothing happens, right click, open, still nothing. I
> have the add remove pro program and it works fine, but don't understand why
> regular one won't work. Any help appreciated.

No idea obviously a registry quirk. Try and get CCleaner to fix it. If
it can't you can still use CCleaner to uninstall programmes.

BTW does anyone know how to add programmes with Microsoft's Add and
Remove Programmes?

From: Major Tom on
Sam wrote:
> Have win xp home. In control panel, the add or remove programs will not
> work. Click on it and nothing happens, right click, open, still nothing. I
> have the add remove pro program and it works fine, but don't understand why
> regular one won't work. Any help appreciated.

The Add Remove programs is run by ' Appwiz.cpl ' in C:\WINDOWS\system32.
Does it work if you double-click on that file?
If it doesn't try the backup file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache

Major Tom

From: n877 on
I cannot remove McAfee from add/delete. Page unavailable window comes
up and that window will not delete. otherwise add/delete works ok. I
tried ccleaner and it didn't help. How do I get rid of McAfee.

Ron

From: Major Tom on
n877(a)msn.com wrote:
> I cannot remove McAfee from add/delete. Page unavailable window comes
> up and that window will not delete. otherwise add/delete works ok. I
> tried ccleaner and it didn't help. How do I get rid of McAfee.
>
> Ron

You shouldn't piggy-back onto somebody else's question; it's best to open a new post. That
way you will get more people seeing your question.
Did you try using the uninstall tool in ccleaner first ?
If that doesn't work try Add Remove Pro :

http://superwin.swmirror.com/adrmpro2.exe

It's free.

HTH, Major Tom.