From: Thomas Kroljic on
All,
Yesterday I added a new Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server to our existing
SBS 2003 R2 environment. My question is this: I want to "lock down" this new
server, so do I create a Group Policy on the SBS box or on the new 2008 TS
box?

Thank you,
Thomas

From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello Thomas,

To configure a GPO for Windows server 2008 R2 you should use a Windows 7
machine or the server, install GPMC and if needed RSAT tools on the Windows
server 2008 R2 from "add features"

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

From: Thomas Kroljic on
Meinolf,
So even though we have a SBS 2003 as our Domain Server, I should still
use the Windows 2008 R2 box to create a Group Policy for users who remotely
connect to this terminal server box?

Thank you,
Thomas

From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello Thomas,

It doesn't matter where you configure the GPO, of course an admin machine
with Windows 7 or another Windows server 2008 R2 machine can also be used.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.