From: drdean on

I'm trying to add an existing IMAP account to an Exchange Server Profile
in Outlook 2007. I've read a ton of search material on the subject, but
can't seem to crack the code. I can move the existing IMAP PST data
file to the profile, but I can't figure out how to add the account data
so that it points at the existing IMAP PST file. If I name the account
the same name as the existing file, Outlook says it's a duplicate. If I
name the account something else, it opens a new PST. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Dennis

--
drdean
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: DL on
Usually if you create an imap account the data will be synced with what's
held on the imap server

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"drdean" <drdean.48c43y(a)invalid> wrote in message

> I'm trying to add an existing IMAP account to an Exchange Server Profile
> in Outlook 2007. I've read a ton of search material on the subject, but
> can't seem to crack the code. I can move the existing IMAP PST data
> file to the profile, but I can't figure out how to add the account data
> so that it points at the existing IMAP PST file. If I name the account
> the same name as the existing file, Outlook says it's a duplicate. If I
> name the account something else, it opens a new PST. Any suggestions?

The IMAP account and the PST are completely separate. To add an IMAP account
to your mail profile, just add it with Tools>Account Settings. It will create
its own PST. You don't need any existing PST because IMAP accounts keep
everything on the server and Outlook will populate the new IMAP PST to match.
In fact, you CAN'T connect an old IMAP PST to an IMAP account, as you found
out.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: drdean on

Thanks to Brian and Roady for the timely answers.

I knew that I could let the new PST sync with the server (although it's
a big file and takes a while) but I was trying to prevent having to
rebuild some custom views, rules, etc. that I had configured the old PST
with. I guess I was going about it the wrong way. Can the
"personalizations" be moved to the new file after it's built?

Thanks again for the help,

Dennis

--
drdean
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: drdean on

drdean;135150 Wrote:
> Thanks to Brian and Roady for the timely answers.
>
> I knew that I could let the new PST sync with the server (although it's
> a big file and takes a while) but I was trying to prevent having to
> rebuild some custom views, rules, etc. that I had configured the old PST
> with. I guess I was going about it the wrong way. Can the
> "personalizations" be moved to the new file after it's built?
>
> Thanks again for the help,
>
> Dennis

Ooops . . . . and thanks to DL as well! :)

--
drdean
http://forums.slipstick.com